Friday, March 30, 2012

If Isnull Question

I have a SP I am trying to set a value for a variable in. The default value
for the variable is Null.
If there is not parameter passed I want to do an If Isnull statement to set
the variable in the SP, except I keep recveiving an incorrect Syntax error.
If any one can suggest a fix I would greatly appreciate it.
Here is my statement
If IsNull(Convert(VarChar(50), @.Client), Set @.Client in ('HUD601Solomon',
'Citi Special Servicing', 'HUD601SalomonDeal3'))
Thanks
-ChrisYou should look up the IF statement in Books Online, also look at how
variables should be checked for null values.

> If IsNull(Convert(VarChar(50), @.Client), Set @.Client in ('HUD601Solomon',
> 'Citi Special Servicing', 'HUD601SalomonDeal3'))
Is this a part of a query? Then you should also look up the CASE expression
in Books Online.
After you're done with BOL, check out this recent thread:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/newsgroup...5f-b8940be08178
I'm guessing you want something like that.
ML
http://milambda.blogspot.com/|||you want "if @.Client is null. "
isnull is a function which will replace a null occurence with a value
"@.Client is null" is using the is keyword, which will do an equality
check(ish - null != null).
beware not to use if @.Client = null as this will not work.sql

No comments:

Post a Comment