Monday, March 26, 2012

If drive D is hidden path when install sql server, can i still see?

Hi,
I can not see my d drive in the enterprise manager. My d drive is a
hidden path when i install sql server but i am administrator and i have
right to view the d drive. D drive is a harddisk drive. Even now i make the
d drive not hidden, i still can not see th path. Can anyone help me?
Thanks a lot
regards,
florenceDid you try just typing it in and hitting "next"? What happened?
"Florencelee" <florencelee@.visualsolutions.com.my> wrote in message
news:e24bBFJwEHA.3276@.TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
> Hi,
> I can not see my d drive in the enterprise manager. My d drive is a
> hidden path when i install sql server but i am administrator and i have
> right to view the d drive. D drive is a harddisk drive. Even now i make
the
> d drive not hidden, i still can not see th path. Can anyone help me?
> Thanks a lot
> regards,
> florence
>|||Hi,
Sorry...maybe i let you confuse...i have successfully install the sql
server into my c: drive..but later if i want to do backup or anything
else...i can not see my d drive.
--
Thanks a lot!
regards,
florencelee
"ChrisR" <chris@.noemail.com> wrote in message
news:uKAUTJJwEHA.3088@.TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> Did you try just typing it in and hitting "next"? What happened?
>
> "Florencelee" <florencelee@.visualsolutions.com.my> wrote in message
> news:e24bBFJwEHA.3276@.TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
> > Hi,
> >
> > I can not see my d drive in the enterprise manager. My d drive is a
> > hidden path when i install sql server but i am administrator and i have
> > right to view the d drive. D drive is a harddisk drive. Even now i make
> the
> > d drive not hidden, i still can not see th path. Can anyone help me?
> >
> > Thanks a lot
> >
> > regards,
> >
> > florence
> >
> >
>|||Florencelee wrote:
> Hi,
> Sorry...maybe i let you confuse...i have successfully install the sql
> server into my c: drive..but later if i want to do backup or anything
> else...i can not see my d drive.
>
> florencelee
Why is drive D hidden? Even so, directly accessing the drive should
work. How are you running backup?
--
David Gugick
Imceda Software
www.imceda.com|||It doesn't matter if you are an administrator or not. What matters is what
the MSSQL service account has, or does not have, access to.
If you make any changes to security, you will have to recycle the MSSQL
service. This will force the service account to log out and back into the
server, thus acquiring any new permissions and or settings.
Nevertheless, David is correct, if the appropriate permissions are set, but
just haven't been recognized by the SQL Server, it does not matter if the
server "sees" it or not, you should still be able to "specify" the path and
have it work.
Just because the GUI is not behaving like you'd wish, does not mean you can
not get the job done. You should be using scripts more often anyway. It is
easier to track and control your activities. SQLEM is for newbies cutting
their teeth as they ween themselves from MS Access.
Sincerely,
Anthony Thomas
"David Gugick" wrote:
> Florencelee wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Sorry...maybe i let you confuse...i have successfully install the sql
> > server into my c: drive..but later if i want to do backup or anything
> > else...i can not see my d drive.
> >
> >
> > florencelee
>
> Why is drive D hidden? Even so, directly accessing the drive should
> work. How are you running backup?
> --
> David Gugick
> Imceda Software
> www.imceda.com
>|||"Florencelee" <florencelee@.visualsolutions.com.my> wrote in message
news:e24bBFJwEHA.3276@.TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
> Hi,
> I can not see my d drive in the enterprise manager. My d drive is a
> hidden path when i install sql server but i am administrator and i have
> right to view the d drive. D drive is a harddisk drive. Even now i make
the
> d drive not hidden, i still can not see th path. Can anyone help me?
Is the D: drive a local drive or a mapped drive?
> Thanks a lot
> regards,
> florence
>|||Hi,
Thanks for reply. Normally when i backup i will seelect device and
want to choose the drive d. But i can not see drive d. I have check my sql
server service and it use local system account and i always log in to my
server use administrator access right. Can you teach me where i can check ?
For eg. security checking?
--
Thanks a lot!
regards,
florencelee
"AnthonyThomas" <AnthonyThomas@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:AB75247D-A42E-41F7-85A3-A969F2DA19D6@.microsoft.com...
> It doesn't matter if you are an administrator or not. What matters is
what
> the MSSQL service account has, or does not have, access to.
> If you make any changes to security, you will have to recycle the MSSQL
> service. This will force the service account to log out and back into the
> server, thus acquiring any new permissions and or settings.
> Nevertheless, David is correct, if the appropriate permissions are set,
but
> just haven't been recognized by the SQL Server, it does not matter if the
> server "sees" it or not, you should still be able to "specify" the path
and
> have it work.
> Just because the GUI is not behaving like you'd wish, does not mean you
can
> not get the job done. You should be using scripts more often anyway. It
is
> easier to track and control your activities. SQLEM is for newbies cutting
> their teeth as they ween themselves from MS Access.
> Sincerely,
>
> Anthony Thomas
>
> "David Gugick" wrote:
> > Florencelee wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > Sorry...maybe i let you confuse...i have successfully install the sql
> > > server into my c: drive..but later if i want to do backup or anything
> > > else...i can not see my d drive.
> > >
> > >
> > > florencelee
> >
> >
> > Why is drive D hidden? Even so, directly accessing the drive should
> > work. How are you running backup?
> >
> > --
> > David Gugick
> > Imceda Software
> > www.imceda.com
> >
> >

No comments:

Post a Comment